BOOKING / PAYMENT TERMS
1. Studio time is inclusive of setup, test shoot, makeup and wrap up time. Hirer is to hand-over the studio in the original condition, punctually, at the end of the session. Studio opens 5 mins before start time. Please DO NOT inform your team or client to come before booking time as the studio will be locked.
2. Extension of booking session is subjected to availability.
3. Start time is based on booking slot, not the time of Hirer’s arrival.
4. To confirm booking, 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required.
5. Submission of hirer’s details and acceptance of our rental terms and conditions are required for your booking.
6. Full payment applies even if the booking session ends earlier than the booked time.
7. Please note that Hirer’s booking is not confirmed until we have received Hirer’s deposit. The balance of the rental fee and any other additional payments must be paid before the start of the rental.
8. Hirer will be charged for extra hours and any additonal fees in accordance with published rates. Extended bookings are subject to studio availability and any prior scheduled commitments.
9. Term of balance payment is CASH /NETS only.
10. Hirer should confirm availability of equipment and other add-ons for rental in advance.
BOOKING OF STUDIO / CONFIRMATION
11. A booking is considered CONFIRMED only upon receipt of Hirer’s deposit. The required deposit is fifty percent (50%) of the rental charges for the number of days booked, but does not include any un-anticipated expenses or equipment rental fees.
12. Cancellation Policy :
- More than 7 days from booking date : 100 % refund.
- Between than 4 days to 7 from booking date : 50 % refund. (no refund for deposit)
- 3 days or less from booking date : 100% will be billed to your company.
Cancellation will result in forfeiture of Hirer’s deposit.
Hirer can use the deposit for another booking session not later than 14 days of the first rental date if hirer informs MacPherson Studio more than 7 working days in advance. Such postponement can only be done twice for the same deposit within the 14 days from first rental date. All deposits will be forfeited after 14 days.
13. Hirer is responsible for all repairs to and / or replacement of any portion of the studio and / or the studio equipment damaged during the use of rental of the studio or the equipment. This includes the CYC and damage to the floor or CYC from water or other substances. These charges will include materials, labor and loss of revenue resulting from down time. Hirer agrees to check with the studio manager for a list of acceptable materials, fog materials, etc. prior to the rental. The studio manager’s approval is required before using any such materials. Studio manager’s approval of any such materials shall not relieve Hirer of liability for any damage as a result of the use of the material. When using the studio strobes, do not shoot at burst mode. Replacement of the strobes and other equipment will be at the prevailing prices.
INDEMNITY AND INSURANCE
14. Hirer shall indemnify and hold the Studio not responsible for any liability, loss, cost, expense or damages to any person arising from the use of the studio, equipment, props or services, substances, procedures and / or operations in or about the studio in relation to the use of the studio.
15. Hirer shall maintain, at Hirer’s expense, worker’s compensation insurance and public liability and property damage insurance, insuring against all liability of Hirer for the use of the studio and the equipment.
16. Hirer must keep all studios and support areas cleaned, the rubbish picked up, return all equipment to its proper area and return areas of the studio to their condition at the beginning of each rental day. All areas used for food preparation, storage and consumption shall be cleaned thoroughly and all garbage removed by Hirer.
- Cleaning Fee : $40 ( Chargeable if place is not return in its original clean, ready state.)
SHOES / COLOURED-DYE FEET
17. Black-soled shoes can leave black rubber marks on the white floors. These shoes are to be taped up before stepping on the white floor. All other shoes are to be cleaned before stepping on the white floor.
- Muddy / dirtied shoes are not allowed in the studio.
- Coloured-dye feet are also not allowed on the white floor.
18. Lost And Found : Any items found /left behind in the studio will be kept for 2 weeks. MacPherson Studio will dispose any uncollected / found items after 2 weeks without any prior notice.
STORAGE OF PROPS / EQUIPMENT
19. Hirer will be charged for storage fee of $50 per day for props brought into the studio more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled shoot or left longer than 24 hours after Hirer’s shoot.
VISUAL AND/OR AUDIO RECORDINGS
20. The studio may take visual and/or audio recordings of Hirer and participants during the booking sessions and reserve the right to use these for promotional, management or educative purposes (in Singapore or overseas). Participants’ individual consent for this will be assumed to have been granted unless otherwise indicated by Hirer, in writing or by email, prior to the start of the booking.
21. The studio is built for photography use only. Although the studio allows video recording to be done in the studio, the studio is not suitable for high quality audio recording as it is not designed & built to be eliminate external and ambient noise generated by the surrounding environment. Hirer is advised to evaluate the suitability of the studio for audio recording before making a booking.